You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-12 04:32:26

Locri

CMake Issues [SOLVED]

I'm having trouble getting two packages to compile, but considering that the error is the same on both of them I suspect the problem is with CMake somehow instead of the packages (Amarok2 and NetworkManager-Plasmoid-SVN).  It looks like CMake isn't configured correctly, but for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what they want me to do in order to configure it correctly.  I've been browsing the wiki/FAQ on the CMake site to no avail.  Maybe I'm just too sleep deprived or something, but I feel like I'm missing something simple.  Here's the relevant part of the output from running makepkg:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.                                                                            
Missing variable is:                                                                                                                                                         
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR                                                                                                                                                     
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.                                                                            
Missing variable is:                                                                                                                                                         
CMAKE_C_COMPILER                                                                                                                                                             
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/home/blavoie/networkmanager-plasmoid-svn/src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/home/blavoie/networkmanager-plasmoid-svn/src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
PKGBUILD: line 39: make: command not found
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Thoughts?

Last edited by Locri (2009-02-16 13:17:58)

#2 2009-02-12 16:37:49

ProgDan
Website

Re: CMake Issues [SOLVED]

Hi,
are you trying to build it using distcc? Check then, if you have all necessary settings done. Otherwise try to reinstall cmake as the networkmanager builds for me without any problems. Maybe there is some file exporting variables missing?

#3 2009-02-12 16:55:07

Locri

I'm pretty sure it's just basic CMake, not distcc.  All I've done so far in regards to it is install cmake via pacman, untar the Networkmanager-plasmoid-svn, and run makepkg.  I've tried with both a regular user and as root, but there seems to be no difference.  I did try reinstalling CMake, but I haven't tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, so I'll probably try that when I get back to the computer in question.

I should add, this is on a completely fresh install.  I've pretty much only installed Xorg, KDE, and FireFox on it so far.  So I'm not sure if there is maybe a package I'm missing.

Last edited by Locri (2009-02-12 16:56:02)

#4 2009-02-12 17:03:06

ProgDan
Website

Locri wrote:

I should add, this is on a completely fresh install.  I've pretty much only installed Xorg, KDE, and FireFox on it so far.  So I'm not sure if there is maybe a package I'm missing.

There could be the problem. Have you installed group base-devel? It contains all the neccessary tools required to compile and build from sources. Then try building the plasmoid again.

#5 2009-02-16 13:17:39

Locri

Thanks ProgDan, it was indeed the lack of base-devel that was causing the issue.

Board footer