You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-13 01:20:02

jackrat

[UNSOLVABLE] pacman-mirrorlist issues

I am installing Arch on a different box, using the same disk that I used to install this one. When I got to pacman and the mirrorlist, I found that there was no mirrorlist, and pacman.conf was incomplete :? I have copied all of the pertinent information from the /etc/pacman.conf from my present box to the new one, and I have created an /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist by copying all of the information in my present mirrorlist (on this box).

When I try to synchronize the databases,  I get

pacman -Syy
:: Sychronizing package dabases ...
error: failed retrieving file "core.db.tar.gz' from archlinux.umflint.edu : Not Found
error: failed to sychronize core: Not Found

I get the same exact messages for extra and community. I have tried this with gatech, ibiblio, and several other repos, and it's all the same.I get the exact same messages with "pacman -Syu"

error: failed to synchronize any databases

I have tried this:

rm /usr/lib/klibc/include/asm

from this thread, because I saw a reference to that on Hardcore Linux website when I googled this error, http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=56431 and it made no difference at all.

And this (from an Arch Bug Report)

pacman --root /mnt --config /tmp/pacman.conf -Sy # update the target system
pacman -Sy # update the live system

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13060 but bash doesn't recognize the option '--root/mnt'

I have searched the Arch wiki, and the Arch forums, and I have not found a similar problem of having to manually build a pacman.conf and a mirrorlist. I don't intend to just give up and re-install, there must be a better way . If some brainiac can figure out what else I haven't thought of, I'll try that next .

I'm still looking and googling, by the way, I figure if I can invest the past two days in this, I can invest a few more.

Last edited by jackrat (2009-02-15 09:12:11)

#2 2009-02-15 09:11:17

jackrat

Re: [UNSOLVABLE] pacman-mirrorlist issues

Well, I guess since no one has an answer to my dilemma, it must be unsolvable - I'll just re-install again. I would think that three days wait is enough to have been answered wink

#3 2009-02-15 17:22:57

toofishes
Developer
Website

#4 2009-02-18 00:06:29

jackrat

Been there, done that, didn't help,  I copied and pasted that exact one ...... Thanks .... I'm reinstalling to see if my cd is bad, if it is, I'll have to burn a new one. Thanks for your reply wink

Board footer