You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-17 01:56:43

rama

tvtime + arch not working

Hi arch community!...

i'm just getting started on this plataform.. wich means that i have a lot of newbie problems, wich i hope you could have some patient on me roll.

The meaning of this topic is i cannot get work tvtime. The steps i did:

pacman -S tvtime

wich install all of necesary package/libs...
Then i just running in a command line: tvtime
The thing is that when i try to get some output video, the tvtime output a message wich says:
"Permission denied (Cannot open capture device /dev/vide0)" getting me to execute:
chmod a+x /dev/vide0.

With the only result wich is a balck signal output, that is because i have been modify permissions but didn't work also.
My tv controller is:

[ramiro@localhost ~]$ lspci | grep Video
00:0d.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7130 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)

I have this controller for 1 year running on slackware without problems in PAL-NC. The only extra work i did on slack was load the module of SAA7134.. But nothing else.

I read some threads of here and didn't find anything similar.

I hope you can lend me some of your brain to can fix it haha. i was joking.

Thanks!!

#2 2009-02-17 12:36:04

skualito

Re: tvtime + arch not working

Maybe this will help, if not already done...
as root :

gpasswd -a USERNAME video

#3 2009-02-17 14:38:38

rama

Re: tvtime + arch not working

First. thanks you for your dedication! smile

Okey, i have already done. But i still without video output. The message now sais:

"Frames too short from asa7134
Cannot open capture device /dev/vide0".

I'm with PAL-NC..and i really doesn't know what that's mean.

I will try to remove the module of saa7134, and then load doing : "modprobe saa7134 card=X tuner=X".
The thing now is..  on Slackware i remember that the cardlist soported of the multimedia controller, was in "/usr/share/linux-x/Dcumentation/video4linux/saa/"
But here in Arch i cannot find the path of this source.

Do you know where the source is? Cause i was looking for it with locate, find -name, but i cannot found.

Thanks you again for you answer. I hope not to be annoying with all of this questions.

Bye!

Last edited by rama (2009-02-17 14:39:39)

Board footer