You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-19 02:40:23

Sjoden
Website

Stopmotion won't encode video with ffmpeg.

I was testing out Stopmotion, from the AUR, to see if I could just stitch some photos together and export to video, before I actually went and took the photos for a stopmotion movie, and it failed at the export. Here are the error messages and the settings.

So I load in nine 10 megapixel images, and the preview works fine, because its basically just a slideshow. I go to file > Export > Video, type in test.mpeg or text.avi, and the application freezes. I go to my urxvt window, where I lunched it from, and I see this:

[zack@robot ~]$ stopmotion 
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
QGradient::setColorAt: Color position must be specified in the range 0 to 1
QGradient::setColorAt: Color position must be specified in the range 0 to 1
which: invalid option -- 'r'
which: invalid option -- 'b'
which: --read-alias, -i: Warning: stdin is a tty.

I get similar errors with using the mencoder options as well.

Here are the default settings for encoding using ffmpeg.

Start encoder:
ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i "$IMAGEPATH/%06d.jpg" "$VIDEOFILE"

Stop encoder:

Hitting ctrl c unlocks the application, and I'm able to see a popup message box that says

The registered encoder is not valid. Do you want
to check your settings in the preferences menu?

and yes or no options which take me back to the encoding options.
I've isntalled Cinerella from the AUR(cinerella-cv) as well, and it seems extremely clumsy and large for what I want, which is to make stopmotion animations.

Last edited by Sjoden (2009-02-19 02:44:16)

#2 2009-02-19 04:09:53

Ranguvar

Re: Stopmotion won't encode video with ffmpeg.

I don't have a solution for your problem, but I wanted to mention (both for creating the video out of photos (see ImageSource()), and for any filtering after) AviSynth. It works in Linux only through a tool like avs2yuv in Wine (may change eventually, it's open-source but tied to the Windows DirectShow/VfW), but there's no performance hit that I can tell and it's so ridiculously awesome/powerful that I bet you'll find uses for it.

Behold its infinite powa: http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php … ysprune=-1 smile

Hope that helps in some way. Cheers!

Last edited by Ranguvar (2009-02-19 04:13:39)

Board footer