You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-19 21:03:03

fluxme

Keyboardmap messed up after new kernel was installed

Hey guys,

Was installing Arch the other day, and completed the installation of the base system.

Today I wanted to do the rest. I got to the point where I upgraded pacman and did a full system upgrade.
Got a new kernel, and according to the beginnersguide, after a kernel install, the pc will reboot or something like that.
It didn't reboot, so I issued the reboot command manually. The pc rebooted and when I wanted to log in, the keyboardlayout was messed up.

The keys had entirely different positions. R was P, O was R , T was Y.
Also, during the install of the basesystem with the livecd, wireless worked fine, but when I wanted to install stuff to the base system, wireless didn't work.
It could find the networks, but couldn't connect to them.

Flux smile

#2 2009-02-26 16:48:24

fluxme

Re: Keyboardmap messed up after new kernel was installed

Fixed the problem temporarily by switching to the uk keymap.

Allthough I'd rather use the norwegian one... smile

#3 2009-08-07 16:30:38

Ulven

Re: Keyboardmap messed up after new kernel was installed

Hi.

I see that this post is starting to get old, so you probably figured out the solution, but here it is anyway...
I had this problem to, and after many hours of trying and failing, i finally figured out that the reason for this, is that the update also installs the keymap "dworak/no", and since dworak is listed before qwerty, it selects the dworak layout. You should be able to use "qwerty/no" in rc.conf to load the normal keyboard layout.

And btw, sorry for my bad english tongue

Board footer