You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-05 23:17:18

punkrockguy318
Website

WolfGL

Grr.  WolfGL sucks.  Two problems.

1)  It won't compile.  Not even CVS version.  The linker segfaults?

gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -lm -lGLU -lGL -lpthread WL1/obj/wl_main.o WL1/obj/id_ca.o WL1/obj/wl_text.o WL1/obj/id_pm.o WL1/obj/id_vh.o WL1/obj/wl_act2.o WL1/obj/wl_draw.o WL1/obj/id_in.o WL1/obj/id_sd.o WL1/obj/id_vl.o WL1/obj/wl_agent.o WL1/obj/wl_game.o WL1/obj/wl_menu.o WL1/obj/wl_state.o WL1/obj/id_mm.o WL1/obj/id_us.o WL1/obj/wl_act1.o WL1/obj/wl_debug.o WL1/obj/wl_inter.o WL1/obj/wl_play.o WL1/obj/console.o WL1/obj/opengl.o WL1/obj/state.o  WL1/obj/system.o WL1/obj/sound.o WL1/obj/input.o -o WL1/wolfgl
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
/usr/bin/ld: BFD 2.15 assertion fail elflink.c:6081
make[1]: *** [wolfgl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/punkrockguy318/wolf3d/wolfgl/linux'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Second problem.  The people offer binaries, and I stole the linspire binaries.  I get the same problem.  I do
#./wolf3d

./wolf3d: relocation error: ./wolf3d: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Grr.  Are there any ways of getting this to work?  And if not:  any other way of playing wolfenstein3d in linux?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-09-06 19:13:00

mattux

Re: WolfGL

./wolf3d: relocation error: ./wolf3d: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference 

looks like you need to get the glibc-2.0 package ...but i don´t know how to install it and use it becouse all programms (which are dynamic linked) are linked again /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and you couldn´d change this....trying to remove this and replace it with the glibc-2.0 ld-linux.so will kill your system.. tongue

mattux (sry 4 my bad english)

Board footer