You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-23 10:52:31

Bengi

Gnome jerky mouse upon altering ac power state

Hi,

I am having a problem with gnome in that when I remove the ac power from my laptop the mouse cursor goes jerky and stutters for a few moments and occasionally there are poping sounds coming from the speakers. This also occurs when I replace the power and if the laptop is idle for a little while when on battery and then used. This problem does not occur under kde, awsome or xfce4, so I am guessing it might be something to do with gnome power manager, but I am really not sure what. This has only started occuring in last month or so. My laptop is a Dell Precision M4300, I am running the latest BIOS, and my system is fully up to date. The problem does not occur if I append acpi=off as a kernel argument, but this is not really an option as I need acpi.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-03-10 19:43:28

Bengi

Re: Gnome jerky mouse upon altering ac power state

Hi,

I found a sort of answer to my problem. In gnome power management preferences, unticking reduce backlight brightness in the on battery power tab makes the problem go away - no idea why! Not ideal, but it means I can actually use my laptop on battery again - yey!

Hope this helps somebody else.

#3 2009-03-10 21:29:56

Bengi

Re: Gnome jerky mouse upon altering ac power state

Would also like to add that dim display when idle needs to be unset as well to stop the jerky mouse thing happening when the machine is idle.

Board footer