You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-07 05:54:41

TheBashar

Need help with post_install issue

Hi, I'm kind of new at packaging so please bear with me.

I'm trying to put together an ABS recipe for partimage.  Partimage has two... parts: a client, and a server.  The server uses SSL and the final installation steps are to generate a key and certificate.  This can be accomplished with the following three commands:

openssl req -new -x509 -outform PEM > /etc/partimaged/partimaged.csr
  openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out partimaged.key
  openssl x509 -in partimaged.csr -out partimaged.cert -signkey partimaged.key

Not too hard.  After that there's some mode changes but nothing tricky.  The problem is that the first command is fairly user interactive.  It asks for things like password, verify, country code, state, yada, yada, yada.

The strange part is that the first command works fine, interactively, prompting for the password and then verifying, but it errors out immediately after prompting for the country code (before any input).  Now the commands work just fine from the CL and also from within a simple shell script I put them in.

There is something different about the post_install enviornment that is causing it to error out.  Does anybody have any clue what could be causing this and how I can work around it?

Thanks!!
--Steve

#2 2004-09-07 08:54:23

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Need help with post_install issue

No interactive commands should be run post_install.  Instead have a post_install message that tells you to run those commands.  Check something like the gift package or openoffice for examples.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-09-07 09:08:20

TheBashar

Re: Need help with post_install issue

Bummer... thanks for the heads up.

Board footer