You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-26 03:11:01

future stir-fry

kdemod3: qt vs qtcurve

Hello,

In kdemod3, for GTK themes, gtk-qt integrates into the default theme much better than qtcurve does. However, openoffice 3 does have the invisible toolbar problem with gtk-qt, so I am forced to use qtcurve to use OOo. In qtcurve, Firefox and Thunderbird have font issues; it doesn't obey the GTK font you can set in kcontrol (OOo obeys the font, so does every other GTK application that I've encountered so far). My Firefox and Thunderbird default to an incredibly large font; I don't mind the pasty white ugliness of qtcurve too much, but the huge fonts in my toolbar really bother me. Does anybody know a workaround to have qtcurve obey font settings (or to make OOo cool with gtk-qt)?

Thanks in advance

#2 2009-02-26 08:06:06

Army

Re: kdemod3: qt vs qtcurve

What tool did you use to set the Gtk theme? I would recommend lyappearance or gtk-chtheme, which both allow you to adjust the fonts as well.

#3 2009-02-26 19:35:49

future stir-fry

Just in kcontrol. I will try one of those out, thanks for the suggestion.

#4 2009-02-26 20:26:48

TecnoVM64

gtk-qt-engine settings in kcontrol, check "use my kde fonts" or something like that, it works even if you aren't using gtk-qt but qtcurve.

#5 2009-02-26 21:28:40

attila

future stir-fry wrote:

Just in kcontrol. I will try one of those out, thanks for the suggestion.

I recognize problems with qtcurve if gtk-qt is installed too. So i give it a test and remove it. Normaly you need only one file in your home ".gtkrc-2.0". For an example here is mine:

include "/usr/share/themes/QtCurve/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
style "user-font" {
        font_name = "DejaVu Sans 9"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"
gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 9"
include "/home/arpad/.gtkrc.mine"
gtk-icon-theme-name = "MyOxygen"

The icon theme is the one from kde-look.org with the only difference that it stays in /usr/share/icons instead of /opt/kde/share/icons.

After this run qtconfig, /opt/bin/qt/config and optional switch in your java apps to the gtk-look. Than there is no need to touch this configs and you can do all what you want in the settings of qtcurve.

Days ago i give this style for qtcurve http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.ph … tent=97393 a try and in all apps i have nearly the same look instead this style have realy another look. So my personal result is if you want qtcurve remove the other one and another important point is to delete the gtkrc config file in ~/.kde/env if you have one.

#6 2009-03-01 02:31:17

future stir-fry

So this resolved itself, somehow. In kcontrol, I change a mouse setting (single to double click) and then the next time I booted, qtcurve not only obeyed the font settings but actually blended into the theme (used to be a bland white-gray thing that didn't match the theme). Weird. I'll try one of the things suggested if it turns against me again, thanks for your help.

Board footer