You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-01 23:02:07

sjakub
Member
From: Canada/Poland
Registered: 2008-06-16
Posts: 84

netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

When I upgraded wpa_supplicant to 0.6.8 version from [testing], my netcfg2 stopped working properly.
When I try to connect to network that uses WPA, it fails with a message saying that wpa_supplicant doesn't understand '-w' option.
My network.d profile for this network is:

CONNECTION="wireless"
DESCRIPTION="xyz"
INTERFACE=wlan0
SCAN="yes"
SECURITY="wpa"
ESSID="xyz"
KEY="key"
IP="dhcp"
TIMEOUT=20

Offline

#2 2009-03-02 00:38:31

gun26
Member
Registered: 2007-07-05
Posts: 55

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Yup, same thing happened to me too. I assume a newer netcfg2 is on the way; in the meantime I downgraded wpa_supplicant back to 0.5.11.

Offline

#3 2009-03-02 00:42:42

sjakub
Member
From: Canada/Poland
Registered: 2008-06-16
Posts: 84

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Hm, ok there already is a bug report: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13620

Offline

#4 2009-03-02 01:18:34

gun26
Member
Registered: 2007-07-05
Posts: 55

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Of course, netcfg is just a set of scripts so if someone's determined to make it work with the new wpa_supplicant, he could do some reading of the wpa_supplicant documentation and hack the obsolete -w out of the appropriate place - I think in /usr/lib/network/wireless.subr. Personally, I'll wait. smile

Offline

#5 2009-03-02 07:33:17

ST.x
Member
From: Sydney, Australia
Registered: 2008-01-25
Posts: 363
Website

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Offline

#6 2009-03-02 12:45:33

iphitus
Forum Fellow
From: Melbourne, Australia
Registered: 2004-10-09
Posts: 4,927

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Sorry, I upped a new netcfg but forgot to run the update scripts on archlinux.org.... done now, the package is up.

Offline

#7 2009-03-02 21:02:53

Aitch
Member
From: Norway
Registered: 2008-02-19
Posts: 42

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

I'm impressed!  You guys have fixed the problem before I can find the bug report.....:D

Just got to wait for my mirror to sync now.

Thanks again.

Offline

#8 2009-03-02 21:28:11

Maos
Member
Registered: 2006-11-09
Posts: 46

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

iphitus wrote:

Sorry, I upped a new netcfg but forgot to run the update scripts on archlinux.org.... done now, the package is up.

I am very impressed of what all of you are doing but out of curiosity I ask in the most humble way when the x86_64 package will be up?

Offline

#9 2009-03-03 08:51:11

ST.x
Member
From: Sydney, Australia
Registered: 2008-01-25
Posts: 363
Website

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

Maos wrote:
iphitus wrote:

Sorry, I upped a new netcfg but forgot to run the update scripts on archlinux.org.... done now, the package is up.

I am very impressed of what all of you are doing but out of curiosity I ask in the most humble way when the x86_64 package will be up?

ABS

Offline

#10 2009-03-03 22:09:21

Maos
Member
Registered: 2006-11-09
Posts: 46

Re: netcfg2 doesn't work with wpa_supplicant-0.6.8

ST.x wrote:
Maos wrote:
iphitus wrote:

Sorry, I upped a new netcfg but forgot to run the update scripts on archlinux.org.... done now, the package is up.

I am very impressed of what all of you are doing but out of curiosity I ask in the most humble way when the x86_64 package will be up?

ABS

Doh! Don't know why I didn't think of that...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB