You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-02 10:53:00

Alxe

nm-applet pukes encrypted passphrase

Note: If this question has a better place, just say it, I should get to know where to place my posts for help ^^U

Well, the problem is that nm-applet gives me back the passphrase I enter, alredy encrypted, but it doesn't connect (that's the main problem, I believe). I alredy tried to get Wicd, but I can't manage to get it matching my gnome desktop, it seems alien. My connection varies between WPA2 (normally) and WEP (when need to set wireless manually). There's any solution to this, or it is a bug?

Also, my internet is slow as hell in the desktop, and it's not by a matter of distance, they are wall-to-wall, and in the laptop, it connects and runs with ease.

Arch64

#2 2009-03-02 22:24:31

greenfuse

Re: nm-applet pukes encrypted passphrase

Are you wanting to troubleshoot a wireless connection? What type of adapter do you use?

I have not used nm-applet or Wicd to manage my wireless connection. I use a profile for netcfg2 to connect. The Arch Wiki has information on how to do this. http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Profiles. I can help with any questions on setting this up if you need.

When troubleshoot my wireless connection I use command line tools such as

# iwconfig wlan0    (information about the wireless connection)
# iwlist wlan0 scan    (information about the wireless signal)
# ifconfig wlan0    (information about the wireless network interface)
# netcfg2 wlan0    (start the wireless connection)

Where wlan0 is the name of my wireless device.

Have you tried this?

Last edited by greenfuse (2009-03-02 22:27:47)

Board footer