You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-05 17:34:13

Albatross

Toshiba M200 Extra Keys

I recently installed Arch (along with KDE4.2) on my Toshiba M200 - it's a tablet PC, and as such, it has a couple of extra buttons beside the screen.

The first of these buttons are physical buttons - there's a five-way joystick, and one push-button.  They currently generate the same scancodes as the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc keys on the top of my keyboard, and as such, I can't seem to remap them to anything useful.  I ran showkeys -ask under a console (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F2), and they generated identical output as when I pressed the 3, 4, 5, etc keys.  Since a joystick that outputs the numbers 1-5 isn't totally useful (I'd like up/down/left/right + return), how can I map these keys to something else?  I've read reports of these keys working out-of-the-box, so I'm not sure what I need to do go get 'em working... do I need to configure these keys as a separate keyboard under Xorg or something? 

Also, there's a second identical push-button with a "key" label, which force-restarts my system when I hit it.  Not very useful.  I suspect it's outputting Ctrl+Alt+Del or somesuch, but can't actually tell thanks to the "The system is going down for reboot NOW!" message.

Also, there are also four "soft" keys tied to the digitizer - they're on the screen bezel, outside the display area.  Under Windoze, hovering the pen over these would cause the onboard crapware to pop up little menus to do "useful" things, like drop the screen resolution to 800x600.  Under Linux, they don't do anything, even though I have the digitizer otherwise working.  How do I make these go?  Is there some kind of odd xsetwacom command I need to use?

I'm pretty handy with the console, and I don't mind getting my hands dirty (I'm using Arch, right?).

What do I do?

Thanks!

#2 2009-03-07 22:18:33

Albatross

Re: Toshiba M200 Extra Keys

Anybody?

Board footer