You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-06 12:58:44

Micksta

Using governor's with Cpufreq problem

Hi,

I have been browsing around the wiki, and the forums, the wiki page on 'Cpufrequtils' talks about 'Changing Governors Based On ACPI Events'
I have installed acpid, and edited the '/etc/acpi/handler.sh' as described on the Cpufrequtils page.

But my cpu clock always stays at 2.2GHz (this is the maximum, and the default governor is 'performance') (I have defined the minimum as 1.2GHz

Using cpufreq-info to confirm this, I pull out the power, check cpufreq-info, it states cpu's are at 2.2GHz
I put the plug back in, and cpufreq-info after that, states they still are at 2.2GHz. Even when checking the scaling_governor file, it remains as performance, even though it should change to powersave when the ac is pulled out.

I can manually do the command to change between performance and powersave with  echo "powersave" >/sys.....

But it is like the file '/etc/acpi/handler.sh' is not even read...

Any idea's?

Here is the part of my handler.sh that deals with the AC

00000000)
                        echo "powersave" >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
                        #echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness # Sets backlight to 0 (lowest setting) (disabled atm)
                        echo -n $minspeed >$setspeed
                        #/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode start
                    ;;
                    00000001)
                        echo "performance" >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
                        #echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness # Sets backlight to 10 (highest setting) (disabled atm)
                        echo -n $maxspeed >$setspeed
                        #/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode stop

Last edited by Micksta (2009-03-06 13:25:44)

Board footer