You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-07 01:58:15

skeptikos

hal and keyboard

Hey, I'm having hal issues. I've seen this on the wiki http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HAL , but whenever I enable it in rc.conf, my keyboard and mouse behave strangely. Typing characters might print several of that character, close the window entirely, or delete characters. Likewise, the mouse doesn't work when you click with it. If you click and hold, the expected actions occur, but a simple click doesn't do what clicks normally do.

Finally, now that I've had hal running once, Nautilus doesn't want to start anymore.

Has anyone else run into this? The X log file mentions something about apple/macintosh mouse emulation, but I don't know where this directive might come.

I'm sorry if this is kind of vague, but a google search didn't offer much, and I guess I'm kind of trying to figure out if there is a config file that I should use to make sure that give hal directives.

Thanks ~ Chris

#2 2009-03-07 02:01:24

pinchyfingers
Website

Re: hal and keyboard

Last edited by pinchyfingers (2009-03-07 15:35:01)

#3 2009-03-07 14:58:39

skeptikos

Well, it's disabled now, but ever since I enabled it once, nautilus doesn't work any more. I really only enabled it originally because brasero wouldn't work without it. At this point it's kind of turned into a mission. I'll poke around for hal developer's list or something. Maybe there is support for out there.

It really is an odd problem. If anyone else has any input, I'd love to hear it ~ Chris

#4 2009-03-08 01:38:05

test1000

se xorg input hotpluggin on the wiki, your issue is meantion there.

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#5 2009-03-08 01:41:43

skeptikos

Okay, so I used this post to get Xorg-server without hal compiled http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=61697 . It uses abs to get the job done, but I don't know what "features" I'm not going to have available to me. Since hal broke X for me and I had to disable it, I guess I never had those advantages anyway, but I guess this post can be considered solved....at least it's over.

Board footer