You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-11 13:46:53

mzanetti

xf86-video-ati + KDE4 = random inverted icons

Hi!

I have installed the PPC branch of Archlinux on my old PowerBook. So far I have set up everything but there is still one annoing Bug that I'm not able to solve.

The colors of the KDE icons are randomly broken. It seems that red, yellow and blue are swapped. E.g. the KDE Menu icons sometimes are red instead of blue. If I highlight an icon by moving the mouse over it, the highlighted icon is shown correct. In this case light blue. This happens with all other KDE icons too - in this way as well as vice versa. For some icons the normal icon is ok but the highlighted one is broken. If I open the Menu, about half of the icons are broken. If I close the menu and open it again, different icons are broken as before...

This happens only with red <=> blue and yellow <=> blue. Green, white, black etc seem to be ok.

broken_icons.png
This is a screenshot with all icons broken except the green one. But some of them are shown correct when highlighted.

It seems to be an issue regarding the radeon driver and/or Qt4. I have not noticed this issue with thunderbird or firefox.

It makes no difference if desktop effects are enabled or not.

Any ideas how to solve or workaround this?

Thanks.

#2 2009-04-07 21:08:59

jskier
Website

Re: xf86-video-ati + KDE4 = random inverted icons

I'm not aware of any ways to fix or hide this problem. It was being kicked around and the blame was soley placed on ATI for awhile, but I think there is an active bug report on the KDE web site. You are correct, it affects QT applications only. I poke around the web on this issue periodically, if something comes up I'll post it here.

It's annoying to the eyes- oh the things we do to keep our PPC machines running smile

--
JSkier

#3 2009-04-08 12:11:29

darzephyr

Re: xf86-video-ati + KDE4 = random inverted icons

Darío Andrés
KDE BugSquad Team and Developer

Board footer