You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-12 05:51:53

Gen2ly
Website

[ Unfixable!? ] New Keyboard, unrecognized after wake.

Hey guys.  I'm pretty excited I got a new keyboard and for the most part it works really good.  But there are a couple problems.  One,  the down key doesn't repeat at all, which I find I use quite a bit.  And two, after resume from sleep the keyboard needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to be recognized.  I noticed that this also occurs from console so it is not a desktop issue.  My first question is: is this a hal or udev issue?  I'd like to be able to report this upstream as this is a common keyboard.  And second, does anyone know a way to fix these?

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-04-19 14:42:55)

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#2 2009-03-12 19:50:23

Gen2ly
Website

Re: [ Unfixable!? ] New Keyboard, unrecognized after wake.

The down key turns out to be from a defective keyboard as I just tried this in Windows too and get the same thing.  I found no fix for the unrecognized keyboard upon wake.  Oddly the keyboard can be used to wake the pc but doesn't work after that.  For now, unplugging and replugging the keyboard in fixes this... so I'll live with it until a new hal comes out.

#3 2009-04-19 14:41:48

Gen2ly
Website

Re: [ Unfixable!? ] New Keyboard, unrecognized after wake.

Actually I'm beginning to believe this is a problem with the keyboard itself.  Marking as Unfixable.

Board footer