You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-16 11:41:09

golwin

Disable touchpad permanently without enabeling SHMConfig

Well the title says it all. I'd like to disable my touchpad permanently (using TrackPoint instead). There is the option to enable SHMConfig in xorg.conf an use

/usr/bin/synclient TouchpadOff=1

but I think it's somehow weird to enable one thing just to switch of another. Isn't there another way?

Last edited by golwin (2009-03-16 11:41:58)

arch64 | awesome | screen | ranger | vim | cmus | weechat | bitlbee

#2 2009-03-16 12:06:03

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Disable touchpad permanently without enabeling SHMConfig

Prevent the synaptics driver from loading?

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2009-03-17 05:23:06

simion314

golwin wrote:

Well the title says it all. I'd like to disable my touchpad permanently (using TrackPoint instead). There is the option to enable SHMConfig in xorg.conf an use

but I think it's somehow weird to enable one thing just to switch of another. Isn't there another way?

Hi, i have a damaged touchpad. I have disabled autodetection in xorg.conf and i have no entry in my xorg.conf for the touchpad so how do you enabled SHMconfig to be able to use synclient?
Removing the synaptics driver has no effect. Maybe is a module that can be blacklisted?
Your solution can be good for me if no other availeble. Please help me.(i tried from bios too).

Last edited by simion314 (2009-03-17 05:27:36)

#4 2009-03-17 10:19:08

simion314

golwin wrote:

i found a solution, by using xorg.conf and ServerFlags AutoAddDevice set to false, so not use hal, then check in xorg.conf in the mouse section not to use /dev/input/mice because then it will use all your mice, for me it worked that the device section point to /dev/input/mouse1. If you do not understend me , reply me and i will explain better.

Board footer