You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-17 09:00:46

mrbug

mouse too sensitive or driver problem?

I've noticed that for the past half year, my mouse buttons have been too sensitive. I'll attempt to singleclick, but it will register as a doubleclick.

Does it sound like my mouse is too sensitive (maybe because the contacts are dirty) or is something xorg wrong with the input drivers that would cause this to occur? I do know that there was a problem a while ago with jumpy/jittery mouse control, but that never happened to me.

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2009-03-17 23:34:05

mgushee
Website

Re: mouse too sensitive or driver problem?

This seems familiar ...

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=67645

Do you think we are talking about the same thing?

Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA

#3 2009-03-20 09:04:06

mrbug

I think so! I'll see if commenting the mouse in the drivers section of xorg.conf works...

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#4 2010-01-13 07:35:19

benoror
Website

Hi people. I'have this problem too with my Synaptics Touchpad. I've installed gsynaptics tool (Preferences->Touchpad) and selected "Tapping Time" to the shortest value with no effect apparently, it is still too damn sensitive.

Also, my xorg.conf is completely commented out! So I think everything is HAL-detected. Any ideas ?

ArchLinux :: Awesome WM :: dotfiles

Board footer