You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-19 08:35:22

cFirefox

Totally Fubared Wireless installation - WPA with netcfg

Dear helpful community,

Being relatively new to Linux (AAO Linpus distro for the last 6 month) I stumbled over Arch. Great distro and I am learning, learning, learning.

Unfortunately I am learning not fast enough so I managed to f- up my whole wireless setup. For some weeks I used wifi-rada to connect to my WPA encoded but:
1.) it won't connect to a WEP encoded network
2.) it uses a gui... ( I am really trieing to get hardcore smile )

So I started to sort throug the wiki, installing netcfg/ core and wpa_supplicant and started to change the deamons in the rc.conf. First lesson learned out of this step? Always save a backup of any config file you change...
So now, I manged to break wifi-radar too...

which entries shall I use in the deamons for netcfg? "network"? "network-manager"? "wpa_supplicant"?
Which entries shall I make to the rc.conf at all? right now, I have "eth0" wired network and "wlan0" wireless.

Furthermore, when I try to put the wlan0 up:

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

I get "SICOSCIFFLAG" error.

Would somebody be so kind to help me out? Wiki is driving me crazy, because it doesn't answer my questions and sends me from B to C to D when I am looking for info about A...

Thanks!!!

#2 2009-03-19 09:09:25

syntaxerrormmm
Website

Re: Totally Fubared Wireless installation - WPA with netcfg

Don't panic, read this with attention, try to understand each single passage and then apply them to your system.

Try with that entry on the wiki, if you have problems on that we will be here.

HTH,

syntaxerrormmm - Homepage

#3 2009-03-19 21:34:43

cFirefox

Re: Totally Fubared Wireless installation - WPA with netcfg

OK, I succeded.

It took me some time and an other set of eyeballs but we managed it. Now, if I only know what I did wrong the last time...

Sorry for my panic...

Board footer