You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-21 08:46:36

mahan_h

Changing sessions start/load/run priority

1) I have fresh installed arch
2) installed compiz, ran fusion-icon and compiz worked smoothly
3) tried to introduce compiz as my default window manager, followed wiki
    in gconf editor : changed the /desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager to compiz
    and followed the rest of instructions but did not help. Finally changed the parameter to fusion-icon which caused gnome
    to startup with compiz as it default WM (and compiz icon on notification area).
4) Installed the gnome-do, activated autostart (which means an item in 'Sessions'), chose the 'Glass Interface'

From now on every time gnome starts 'gnome-do' falls back to its default interface and that's because it starts before compiz.
when I restart the 'gnome-do' (after compiz starts), the 'Glass Interface' appears again to prove this theory.
This same exact scenario also happens for 'Yakuake' and its transparent bash window.

Now I think I need to manually define the priority of starting/running programs in 'Sessions' and Ido not know how!!!

Truely appreciate your reply

Last edited by mahan_h (2009-03-21 08:47:44)

#2 2009-04-19 02:25:41

playingdoh

Re: Changing sessions start/load/run priority

I had the same problem, dont know if you found a fix or not, what i did was made a super simple bash script to delay gnome-do from starting.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 15s;
gnome-do;

then change the sessions to start this insted, works fine for me.
just make sure to make it executable
as a side note i had similar problems with tomboy starting and i did the same thing for it, and its fixed it.

#3 2009-08-21 01:18:20

TiZ

Re: Changing sessions start/load/run priority

You actually need to use compiz-manager. Because it does checks to figure out what kind of options it'll need to run. What Ubuntu does is rename the actual compiz binary to compiz.real, and /usr/bin/compiz is actually compiz-manager. Thanks to that, migrators don't understand why compiz doesn't work. And I'm among those migrators who got confused. Without the checks that compiz-manager does, Compiz actually will not start on some configurations.

Board footer