You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-21 14:29:09

whoops

[SOLVED] Firefox / openjdk messing up typing direction?

Edit:

Hi!
OK, after I have been able to stop laughing I managed to delete gnome-sessions, which did the trick... but it happened again shortly after, so now I'm trying to find out what makes my typing direction go reverse.

( .ti trats I sa noos sa erehwyna yllamron epyt t'nac ,emong gnisU .gnihgual pots t'nac i dna )emit siht gnihtyna od t'ndid( pu dessem si ffuts-gnitirw yM

?!pleh ...mhU )[

Last edited by whoops (2009-04-01 23:56:56)

#2 2009-03-21 14:34:38

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Firefox / openjdk messing up typing direction?

LOL! At first I thought this was another language, and moved the topic to the "Other languages" section. Then I looked at the indentation, and thought it was a right-sided kind of writing... then I started reading it backwards...

Anyway, look at your keyboard configuration, the culprit should be there.

EDIT:
Alright, you sorted it out :>

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#3 2009-03-21 14:42:16

whoops

Hi, thx!

After I stopped panicking, I even figured out, that this happened, because I loaded a Japanese website (danball java games wink). It sticks around after that, until I killall firefox as root (just closing firefox makes it crash / freeze) and delete the firefox session, so the .jp-site isn't instantly recovered when opening it again.

The first time it happened, it seemed to affect everything even after a reboot (maybe I messed it up even more when trying to repair it the first time), now it just affects firefox. Still annoying.

Ideas how to remove that behaviour? thx!

Last edited by whoops (2009-03-21 14:44:58)

#4 2009-03-22 17:14:20

whoops

Seems to be openjdk6 - related: I tried jre instead and there are no problems.

edit: as that works fine and jre didn't crash anything any more since I compiled the testing kernel, i'm just sticking with it now until openjdk updated. => kind of solved wink

Last edited by whoops (2009-03-23 16:40:16)

Board footer