You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-24 01:32:13

fr3d0

Non-root Samba/nautilus behavior [SOLVED]

I am having an issue with nautilus and samba that I havent googled a solution for...

1.  Non-root user: Nautilus can see the workgroup and xp host, osX host
2.  Non-root user: Nautilus can browse the osX host shares, but NOT the XP shares
3.  Non-root user: Can browse using smbclient fine
4.  Root-user: Nautilus has no issue browsing the XP or OSX share.

I have smbfs/fuse loaded and working perfectly, for XP and OSX shares at /mnt/smbnet.

I am able to use mount.cifs and umount.cifs as a normal user.  I did chmod u+s on them as the wiki said, and did chown -R for users group on /mnt

I'm pretty sure my /etc/hosts rc.conf resolv.conf are fine

It seems like its just non-root nautilus and XP that dont work together.  Non-root nautilus and OSX mount fine.  Root Nautilus handles all shares fine.

Now I am  constitently getting this error on non root nautilus (see screenshot):
29emxra.jpg

Is this purely a nautilus issue, known bug, my error?

Last edited by fr3d0 (2009-03-24 06:14:05)

#2 2009-03-24 05:34:46

fr3d0

Re: Non-root Samba/nautilus behavior [SOLVED]

I just discovered nautilus-smbfix and gvfs-smbfix in AUR which seem promising.. can anyone relate experience with these?

#3 2009-03-24 06:13:38

fr3d0

Re: Non-root Samba/nautilus behavior [SOLVED]

Just wanted to report I solved the original issue by doing pacman -R on gvfs and nautilus and doing yaourt gvfs-smbfix and yaourt nautilus-smbfix.  smbfs stopped working after the reboot but I dont care, nautilus is working perfectly now with my XP shares; a nice dialogue box came up when I selected the XP host in nautilus asking if I wanted to always allow to the keychain etc. 

Big thankyou for your AUR packages, hokum83

Board footer