You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-24 05:54:16

adamlau

FYI: JWM Is Under Active Development

Five SVN snapshots since 21-Mar-2009 smile . Flat buttons and xmu (req for rounded corners) now supported. Still under 1.5 MB res and 1.2 MB shared when built with min options...

Arch Linux + sway
Debian Testing + GNOME/sway
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce

#2 2009-03-24 06:09:27

CheesyBeef

Re: FYI: JWM Is Under Active Development

It would be very, very cool if we could have another actively developed and featured floating window manager smile

I've always liked JWM and it's simplicity.  The latest JWM news entry seems promising, anyways.  Even though it was from last September, maybe he is finally getting around to working on JWM again.

Joe Wingbermuehle wrote:

It's been a really long time updated anything here, but I have a few items to mention. First, I wrote a game called Knockout for the iPhone/iPod Touch that is now on the iPhone App Store.
Also, as of late I've been working on a computer made entirely out of transistors that I call the Q1. There may be no point in it, but I think it's cool.
Lastly, although development on JWM has slowed quite a bit, I am still working on it on and off and I will hopefully have a new release ready one of these days.

http://joewing.net/

#3 2009-03-24 06:40:27

adamlau

Re: FYI: JWM Is Under Active Development

I made a request to Joe regarding native support for xcb (ala awesome) and manual tiling (ala musca). Hope they get integrated into the next release...

Arch Linux + sway
Debian Testing + GNOME/sway
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce

Board footer