You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-24 22:35:04

Raku^0

Zsh + urxvt unicode not working

Hi,

I have a problem with zsh and urxvt. When I reboot unicode characters do not display properly anymore. After rebooting, removing zsh using pacman -Rns zsh and reinstalling it removes the problem after relogin. If I change my shell to bash, everything seems to be working properly.

I suspected something to be wrong with the /etc/profile or /etc/profile.d/locale.sh , but I can't find anything out of the ordinary. LANG, LC_ALL and similar enviroment variables are all set to en_US.utf8 , both before removing zsh as after solving the problem. Fonts+terminal should not cause this issue as it works with bash properly. There is no file named /etc/profile.zsh which could be loaded during boot.

If anyone has any idea on where to look next, or how to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having this issue since a week or 2, not really sure when it might have happend since it only happends when I reboot my laptop.

//edit

Zsh version is zsh-4.3.9-1 , urxvt version is rxvt-unicode-9.06-2. Font used is terminus.

Last edited by Raku^0 (2009-03-24 22:41:31)

Board footer