You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-01 23:19:21

Fwirt

uDev rules not working for MidiSport 2x2 usb midi device

I installed arch a couple of months ago and am loving it so far.  Any problems I've had so far have already been solved in the forums, but this one's really got me.  I have a MidiSport 2x2 that I want the firmware to be loaded on everytime I plug it in.  I installed (there's not an arch package) a package that is supposed to do just that.  (It's called midisport-firmware-1.2.tar.gz).  However, the package seems to be out of date (2006) and I even had to modify a couple places in the configure script to get it to work with current program revisions.  However, once installed, it does nothing.  It installed firmware files and udev rules for the device into a couple of directories.  When I run the command that is supposed to load the firmware, it works fine.  But for some reason, (I even checked the udev kernel log) it's like the event isn't even being triggered.  Here's part of the original file that came with the package that's supposed to load the firmware:

# midisport-firmware.rules - udev rules for loading firmware into MidiSport devices

# DEVPATH=="/*.0" selects interface 0 only
# (some udev versions don't work with SYSFS{bInterfaceNumber})

# MidiSport 2x2
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", DEVPATH=="/*.0", ENV{PRODUCT}=="763/1001/*", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -s /usr/local/share/usb/maudio/MidiSportLoader.ihx -I /usr/local/share/usb/maudio/MidiSport2x2.ihx"

# vim: ft=conf

And here's what I modified it to in an attempt to make it work:

# MidiSport 2x2
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0763", ATTR{idProduct}=="1001", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -D /dev/%k -s /usr/local/share/usb/maudio/MidiSportLoader.ihx -I /usr/local/share/usb/maudio/MidiSport2x2.ihx"

I would really appreciate help from anyone who knows about this kind of thing, as I can't figure out what's going wrong.  If it's something wrong with the config, please let me know.  Actually, some HAL events popped up when I was testing this out.  Is it possible HAL is blocking  the udev event somehow?

#2 2009-05-06 17:51:54

denisfalqueto

Re: uDev rules not working for MidiSport 2x2 usb midi device

Hi,

The firmware files must be put in /lib/firmware so they can be found by the kernel. Are they being put there?

Satisfied users don't rant, so you'll never know how many of us there are.

Board footer