You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-01 23:23:42

Nazgulled

Few issues with HAL and mounting cdrom, usbkey and network shares

1) I'm mounting a few network shares with smbclient by doing mount -t cifs //network/share /media/share -o <parameters> and these mounts are automatically placed, as icons, on the desktop in GNOME. I don't want that, I want these icons gone from the desktop. I know there's a setting I can change in gconf but that will change all types of "volumes" to no show the icon and I just want that for network share mounts.

2) HAL seems to be working fine in GNOME, if I plug a usbkey or a cdrom, HAL automatically mounts them and places an icon on the desktop in GNOME (I want this in this situation). I can also unmount them without any issues... What I'm looking is for this same functionality (auto mounting without manually typing "mount") in the terminals when I'm not logged in GNOME. Is this possible? Dunno if it's important to know, but by the HAL wiki, I have removed the fstab entries for both the cdrom and usbkey.

3) I've followed this http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HAL … er_unmount but it's not working... If I remove the usbkey before unmount it, the desktop icons in GNOME will still be there and to remove them and to be able to mount the usbkey again, I have to reboot the system. Maybe I did something wrong or am I missing something?

Last edited by Nazgulled (2009-04-01 23:40:04)

#2 2009-04-03 02:05:18

Nazgulled

Re: Few issues with HAL and mounting cdrom, usbkey and network shares

Anyone?

Board footer