You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-20 16:09:03

Dreameen

Nasty printer problem

My question is:

Where should I look for printer configuration files??(esp.paper format)

Story: Everything worked properly when I loaded printer modules(lp,parport,parport_pc) and installed CUPS for the first time.

Then, sth went wrong and my CannonBJC-240 started printing in some weird format, instead of covering the whole A4 paper format it only filled half of the page, like one column. I've tried reinstalling cups(&wiping all the cups config files in /etc/cups), ghostscript, gimp-print and the weird format setting is still there. I wouldn't like to reinstall Arch only because of this and I know there must be a configuration file responsible for this. Not sure where it is though. :?

#2 2004-09-21 11:05:30

zezaz
Website

Re: Nasty printer problem

Dreameen wrote:

My question is:

Where should I look for printer configuration files??(esp.paper format)

Hi Dreameen,

Did you try to configure the printer with the web interface?

http://localhost:631/printers

Select your printer and click on "Configure printer". The page size (and other printing parameters) can be changed on this page.

#3 2004-09-21 11:47:02

Dreameen

Re: Nasty printer problem

Yes. That's exactly how I configured my printer. But the driver seems to be broken or sth, because no matter what format I choose I get the same, crappy narrow format.

There must be some magic setting that sneaked into one of my config files and causes the problem. For now, I'll stick with windows 98 when it comes to printing. I really feel that printers support in Linux should be treated more seriously by vendors like Canon, Lexmark.

Board footer