You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-09 11:10:45

cerbie

Is there a convenient GUI volume manager out there?

...that supports FS type selection, and mount by UUID or label (preferably UUID)? PySDM, FI, comes close, but only works by device name, make, or model (not partition info), and does not support the ability to select FS type (if I want rw access, use ntfs-3g--oh, wait, I can't select that). All I really want to do is be able to mount arbitrary devices with specified options w/o using the CLI, to get normal users to have ro or rw access with some convenience.

Is there such a thing? If not, is there some other avenue to pursue to get this done, other than manually through the CLI? It is definitely a waste of time to do it manually compared to from a nice GUI, since the GUI will be used anyway, and it seems like a waste of perfectly good features for the mounted devices to always be crippled.

OT/rant: Why is it that MS had this feature working properly nine years ago (Win2k), yet it still sucks in Linux?

"If the data structure can't be explained on a beer coaster, it's too complex." - Felix von Leitner

Board footer