You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-10 16:45:18

donpicoro

AwesomeWM not tilling correctly all windows[Solved]

Hi all,
I installed awesome as my window manager. I was happy so far with it but there was an annoying error with the awsetbg command (altought the wallpaper was set correctly).
In order to solve that and to get some transparency -which I finnally decide not to use it- I installed feh and xcompmgr. When I restarted awesome. The background worked ok. But now, some windows get 'extra' border space.
Unlike Firefox, xv, and some other application that have a correct tilling. Applications as emacs and  xterm are getting now that extra border space.

I used pacman to remove feh, xcompmgr and I reinstalled awesome. Even remove the ~/.config/awesome/rc.lua file and recopy from the the original one from /usr/xdg

I really would like to recover the correct tilling properties of emacs and xterm because they are my most used applications and because that's the point of the tiled windows manager, right wink

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide me. I am new to LUA and the documentation seems to be rather outdated.

--------
Another question related to awesome now that we're here. I love the command line, but so far I have to deal with the fact that the Alt-key behaves weird within the xterm. Like for instance if I want to change the command I just issue I press Ctlr-A that take me to the beginning of the line correctly. But when I press Alt+d to delete the following word i.e. the command itself, the word is not deleted but included the character ä and I checked other alt+"some key" conbinations and I get all sort of accented letters instead of a line-edditing behaviour.

Thanks again.

[Edit: added the Alt-key question]

Last edited by donpicoro (2009-09-18 17:21:38)

#2 2009-04-10 16:50:00

Gigamo

Re: AwesomeWM not tilling correctly all windows[Solved]

c.size_hints_honor = false

in your manage hook.

#3 2009-04-10 17:02:28

donpicoro

Re: AwesomeWM not tilling correctly all windows[Solved]

wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot. I just edited my post to include a new question regarding to the alt-key and its behavior.
It took some a few seconds to realize where exactly was the hooks manager, but It works like a charm.

About the other question...
Any ideas about the alt-key??? I use a lot of those key combinations in the terminal since I am a emacs fan!

Board footer