You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-11 17:52:29

Joe_Arch

lsmod outputs nothing [SOLVED]

Hey Everyone,

I just reinstalled Arch today after a brief foray into opensuse and slackware. Last time I installed Arch everything was quite simple. However, when I was trying to setup wireless, I realized something: lsmod outputs nothing. No modules. Nada. It has the appropriate columns (modules, etc), but nothing under them. Anyone know what this mean? My googling shows that it sometimes happens after a kernel recompile.... but this is a fresh install. Haven't had this problem before. Right now my arch box is kinda sad, since it lacks any internet interfaces so I can't get any packages beyond the base system sad

I'll keep googling, but I was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction.

EDIT: This ended up being a bootloader problem. I had just come from slackware, which used lilo. Installing grub via arch didn't erase lilo (I also think I compounded the problem by putting grub in sda1 instead of sda) so slackware's lilo was booting arch and frankly I'm suprised arch booted at all. Anyway it couldn't find any modules which led to the problem with lsmod.

Long story short I solved it by reinstalling arch and putting grub in the right spot, the MBR.

Last edited by Joe_Arch (2009-04-13 01:43:36)

Board footer