You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-13 21:23:54

yvonney

[SOLVED] VIM do tabs again:missing perl pkg?-then vim-project script

MY error... it is urxvt that needs a perl pkg to do tabs:    gtk2-perl

-------------
QUESTION: what is the per pkg that vim needs to be able to show tabs? Output stated it in first install though I didn't install it, now upon reinstall I don't get the same reminder.

----  ----  ----  ----  ----   ----

[OBJECTIVE: be able to open a vim project file and have multiple plain text files open]

Initially need to know what the perl package is that allows tabs to occur.
I have REALLY looked around for the answer and opened up the pkg for vim itself and looked.
I'm still in the dark about a lot so will have to ask.

DETAILS:

I've just removed vim-stripped from AUR and re-installed regular vim (installs vi and ruby of course)
Looking to remove variables in the hopes of achieving fledgling vim project ability.

My main question wasn't answered with the reinstl of vim. This time it didn't remind me that some perl package was required to have the tabs show up. I also installed gvom thinking I was mistaken and that the gvim install output told of what I GUESS I need to have tabs...

I have tried VIM is a regular urxvt instance AND in my screen layout.  no tabs.

Could be my Xdefaults, .vimrc, or .bashrc or .screenrc AND/OR the missing perl pkg ... don't know.

Without going long long here can anyone tell me what the pkg is that's needed to get those tabs showing in regular vim (with ruby and vi) ???

Then i'll attempt to get the vim-project script to do something.

i'm likely really really missing almost all the finer and basic points. Though I love vim so I'll keep try to get from beginner to almost average.

So: does anything obvious spring to mind?
vim is so so so so cool. I do almost everything in screen now.
mutt/newsbeuter/calcurse/abook/mc and lots more... so happy.

Last edited by yvonney (2009-04-13 23:46:30)

Board footer