You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-14 05:31:07

MeathooK

Problems after recent slew of updates

After the recent mass of updates through pacman...I have a few problems. My UPS monitor applet doesn't show up in the taskbar anymore...however it's still being detected, and I can view the status of it w/ "apcaccess status". Another problem I'm having is now ALSA's PCM channel is all messed up again. I've tried the usual fix...blacklisting all the sound modules except for the sound card driver and snd-pcm-oss...but that doesn't work either. Anybody else seeing these problems as well??

#2 2009-04-14 20:59:19

MeathooK

Re: Problems after recent slew of updates

update: recompiling the g-p-m w/ enable-legacy-buttons fixes the problem w/ my UPS not being detected. Still haven't really found a great fix for the mouse speed yet. The alsa PCM channel started working after a reboot when I disabled all the sound modules except for my hda-intel driver and sound-pcm-oss.

#3 2009-04-15 17:06:03

MeathooK

Re: Problems after recent slew of updates

Update: Found a fix for the mouse sensitivity issue. The new xorg server includes new options to put into your xorg.conf file. More information can be found here: http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Docum … 34190b732d .

As far as the option I put into my xorg.conf file to fix it was this:

Option      "ConstantDeceleration" "3"

Hope this helps people in the future.

Board footer