You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-15 10:01:35

pioner14
Website

Amarok2 not work

After updating Amarok ceased to work.
Though process is under name amarok, but does not give life attributes.
Conclusion in console:

[nick@chakra ~]$ amarok
Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 24: junk after document element
amarok(7112) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:  "Xine"
<unknown program name>(7111)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Search did not give anything on these messages in Google, except the fact that not only I faced with this problem.
How to decide?
----------------------------------------------------
Version 4.2.69 (KDE 4.2.69 (KDE 4.3 >= 20090406)) (KDEmod); Arch x86
kdemod-playground-amarok2-svn (953412-1)
mysql (5.1.32-2)

Forgive for my english

#2 2009-04-18 20:19:53

lian

Re: Amarok2 not work

Hello,
similar problem here. I have tried to rename directories and files which was created by old version of amarok (~/.kde/share/apps/amarok, ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc) but without effect.

<unknown program name>(1452)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed. 
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Last edited by lian (2009-04-18 20:24:16)

#3 2009-04-18 20:23:45

funkyou
Website

Works fine here with KDEmod current core (i686).

Be sure to have all dependencies installed (from extra!) and also qtscriptgenerator, which is missing from the depends (Bug).

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#4 2009-04-18 20:30:28

lian

I have installed all dependencies:

local/kdebase-runtime 4.2.2-1 (kde)
local/kdelibs 4.2.2-4 (kde)
local/libmysqlclient 5.1.34-1
local/phonon 4.3.1-1
local/qt 4.5.0-4
local/qtscriptgenerator 0.1.0-1
local/soprano 2.2.3-1
local/strigi 0.6.4-2

#5 2009-04-18 21:25:22

alessandro_ufms

I upgraded the amarok to 2 and amarok hangs with the following errors:

$ amarok
amarok(3036)/phonon (KDE plugin):
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kded
was not provided by any .service files") 
amarok(3036)/phonon (KDE plugin):
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kded
was not provided by any .service files") 
<unknown program name>(3035)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it
probably crashed. 
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken." "

I use Gnome and only splash image is displayed. I have to kill amarok to close the splash image.

#6 2009-04-18 22:06:35

lian

trendkill wrote:

I installed kdebase-workspace and amarok now works.

Unfortunately amarok doesnt work. I get another error: QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "" and kdebase-workspace is next 300 MB sad. I think that only mysql and (or) mysql-clients are needed because when I install them I get invalid path error instead org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply error.

#7 2009-04-18 22:11:20

lian

Ok, amarok-2.0.2-2 is out and it has fixed the problem, but you have to install mysql.

pacman -S mysql
pacman -Suy

#8 2009-04-19 05:40:13

tek

Oh thanks, my problem was solved by installing mysql, thanks lian.

#9 2009-04-19 09:35:21

cob4lt

Is this mean that my previous amarok collection in postgre base is now useless?

#10 2009-04-19 17:14:18

toffyrn

If you need mysql to run amarok, why isnt it included as dependency?

File a bug?

#11 2009-04-19 19:10:32

Xiong Chiamiov
Website

It (supposedly) uses an embedded version of MySQL, which is why it was delayed in Arch for so long.

#12 2009-04-20 01:29:27

Fyda

Thank you, lian; I was getting the same error as alessandro_ufms described, and your suggestion (installing mysql) fixed the problem for me. Amarok 2 now runs normally, although I had to re-import the old database via its config dialog.

I already had qtscriptgenerator installed, and did not need to install kdebase-workspace.

Desktop "Kuchen": ASUS GeForce EN9600GSO | nvidia driver | AIGLX | 3.5GB RAM | AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ | 1400x1050
Laptop "Borscht": ASUS 1005HA Crystal Black EeePC Seashell

#13 2009-04-20 11:30:43

ijsbeer

HI everybody,

My amork is also broken. I tried to reinstall and installd Mysql but with no result.
Hope you can help.
The code is

amarok(6234)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-reinder/ksycoca4"                                                                                                                          
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde4Factory: The library "" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.                 
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde3Factory: The library "" does not offer an "init_phonon_xine" function.                
amarok(6234) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:  "Xine"                                               
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so"                                                                                                                  
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-mtpcollection.so"                                                                                                                  
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-daapcollection.so"                                                                                                                 
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""                                                                                            
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-ipodcollection.so"                                                                                                                 
Object::connect: No such slot MainWindow::showStatistics()                                                                  
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'MainWindow')                                                                             
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:                                                    
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to MainWindow "MainWindow", which already has a layout                                
link XMLID_7_ hasn't been detected!                                                                                         
Couldn't resolve property: radialGradient3986                                                                               
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action                                                                        
amarok(6234) KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "findServiceByDesktopPath:  not found"                              
amarok(6234)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "AmarokContext/Animator"  not found                                                                                                                   
amarok(6234) KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "findServiceByDesktopPath:  not found"                              
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::KDirWatchPrivate: Available methods:  ("Stat", "INotify")                    
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::addEntry: Added File "/home/reinder/.local/share//user-places.xbel" for "" ["KDirWatch-1"]                                                                                                               
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: trying to use inotify for monitoring                             
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: inotify successfully used for monitoring                         
amarok(6234)/kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::KBookmarkManager: starting KDirWatch for  "/home/reinder/.local/share//user-places.xbel"                                                                                                                 
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("trash:/")                             
Object::connect: No such slot FileBrowser::Widget::setDir( const QString& )                                                 
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'KBookmarkHandler')                                                                       
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FileBrowser::Widget')                                                                    
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("file:///home/reinder")                
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::addEntry: Added Dir "/home/reinder" for "" ["KDirWatch-2"]                   
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: trying to use inotify for monitoring                             
amarok(6234)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: inotify successfully used for monitoring                         
[reinder@ijsbeer local]$ amarok(6234)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Entry currently being listed: KUrl("trash:/") by (KDirLister(0x8dd4f38) )
amarok(6234)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "trash" for KUrl("trash:/")
amarok(6234)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on  "local:/tmp/ksocket-reinder/amarokKP6234.slave-socket"
klauncher(5228)/kio (KLauncher) KLauncher::requestSlave: KLauncher: launching new slave  "kio_trash"  with protocol= "trash"  args= ("trash", "local:/tmp/ksocket-reinder/klauncherMT5228.slave-socket", "local:/tmp/ksocket-reinder/amarokKP6234.slave-socket")
kdeinit4: Got EXEC_NEW 'kio_trash' from launcher.
kdeinit4: preparing to launch
klauncher(5228)/kio (KLauncher) KLauncher::processRequestReturn: "kio_trash" (pid 6247) up and running.
amarok(6234)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "file" for KUrl("file:///home/reinder")
amarok(6234)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on  "local:/tmp/ksocket-reinder/amarokbZ6234.slave-socket"
amarok(6234)/kutils (KPluginSelector) KPluginSelector::addPlugins: cfgGroup =  0x8dad030
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KPluginInfo) KPluginInfo::kcmServices: found  0  offers for  "Amarok Script Console"
amarok(6234)/kutils (KPluginSelector) KPluginSelector::addPlugins: cfgGroup =  0x8e40640
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KPluginInfo) KPluginInfo::kcmServices: found  0  offers for  "LyricWiki"
amarok(6234)/kutils (KPluginSelector) KPluginSelector::addPlugins: cfgGroup =  0x8eae218
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KPluginInfo) KPluginInfo::kcmServices: found  0  offers for  "Cool Streams"
amarok(6234)/kdecore (KPluginInfo) KPluginInfo::kcmServices: found  0  offers for  "Librivox.org"
amarok(6234)/kdeui (KNotification) KNotification::slotReceivedId: 561
kio_file(6211) FileProtocol::listDir: ========= LIST  "file:///home/reinder"  =========
kio_file(6211) FileProtocol::listDir: ============= COMPLETED LIST ============
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = amarok path = <unknown> pid = 6234
sock_file=/home/reinder/.kde4/socket-ijsbeer/kdeinit4__0
kdeinit4: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi' from socket.
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi

Thanx

Last edited by ijsbeer (2009-04-20 15:18:05)

#14 2009-04-21 13:08:55

ijsbeer

I've now installed the version from AUR (amarok-svn) That works altough it forgets the collection. Stil no clue why this version works and the version from extra didn't. somebody have an idea?
Also tried to deinstall the AUR version but after reinstalling the version from extra didn't work.

cheers

#15 2009-05-29 17:32:51

Emphrygian

I still have the problems the OP had. When I start amarok I get:

myuser@MYHOST:~$ amarok
amarok(7198)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-richard/ksycoca4"
amarok(7198)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde4Factory: The library "" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.
amarok(7198)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde3Factory: The library "" does not offer an "init_phonon_xine" function.
amarok(7198) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:  "Xine"
<unknown program name>(7197)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = amarok path = <unknown> pid = 7198
sock_file=/home/myuser/.kde4/socket-MYHOST/kdeinit4__0
amarok: Fatal IO error: client killed

I thought I'd try compiling the latest version of amarok2-svn from AUR, but then I get

-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig                                                                     
-- Found MTP: /usr/lib/libmtp.so                                                                                                               
--                                                                                                                                             
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                  
-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.                                                                        
-- Please install them before continuing this software installation.                                                                           
+ qtscript-qt: QtScript Qt Bindings <http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/>                                                              
CMake Error at /usr/share/apps/cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:93 (MESSAGE):                                                               
  Exiting: Missing Requirements                                                                                                                
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:114 (macro_display_feature_log)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

So it complains about qtscriptgenerator, even though I have it installed.

Perhaps these are two completely different problems, but Amarok hasn't worked for me for more than month now and I'm really starting to miss some of the music on my box and so I'm looking for any way to make it work again. Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using kdemod, but no testing packages from neither kdemod nor the standard arch repos. Just [core], [extra], [community], [kdemod-core], [kdemod-extragear].

Thanks
/Richard

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm on x86_64 as well.

Last edited by Emphrygian (2009-05-29 17:42:23)

#16 2010-06-22 16:23:50

Emericn6k

Hi,

I experienced the exact same problem (as in the first post) today, with :

* kde sc 4.4.3
* amarok 2.3.1
* mysql installed.

After having tried hints found on here and elsewhere with google, I simply deleted ~/.kde4/share/config/amarokrc, now it works like a charm.

Just to detail a bit more, I have been running amarok and kde sc for more than a year (most probably 2) with no problems, except on some version changes... In this case the above described method is perfect hmm

"In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows"

#17 2010-07-07 09:21:15

made_in_nz

I also had the same problem, start amarok and nothing happens.

I'm running latest packages:
kde 4.4.5 packages
amarok 2.3.1-1

[nickh] 59-> amarok
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
<unknown program name>(15205)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed. 

Removing ~/.kde4/share/config/amarokrc as previous poster said fixed it, however amorok then needs to be reconfigured.

Board footer