You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-15 16:02:19

eccentricity

Nvidia driver (proprietary) failing with xorg update

hello all!
pacman -Syu has left me with a mess. I'm on a thinkpad T61, with an nVidia card and I've been using the proprietary driver. I did an upgrade last night, which landed me at xorg 1.6, and now I'm accessing this forum via links... X is not coming up at all. Copy/paste is hard, but I'll manually copy over the really important parts of the log:
"This server has a video driver ABI version of 5.0 that this driver does not support. [...]"
it then asks me to update (though I think this is current or downgrade X) and later:
"(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
[...]
(EE) No drivers found.
Fatal server error:
no screens found."

I need to either get rid of the proprietary driver, and gen a new xorg.conf, downgrade x, or figure out how to make this driver work with xorg 1.6.

I have som star trek watching to do, too ... :-)

#2 2009-04-15 16:40:23

Zibi1981

Re: Nvidia driver (proprietary) failing with xorg update

On my laptop I had to reinstall nVidia drivers after X server update to make it usable again. I'm using driver version 185.19 from AUR.

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

Board footer