You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-15 22:42:54

Xi0N
Website

Brightness of the screen automatically reduced

Since some time ago, i realized some strange behaviour of my laptop: Whenever i unplug it and work on battery, the screen turns darker.... so far, this was normal.. but the strange thing is that i increase the brightness level manually... and after some seconds not touching the keyboard or not moving the mouse, the brightness decreases automatically again....
I think is not any option that can be customized via any menu, so i want to ask if this is normal, and if anyone has any clue on how to make the system not decrease the brightness automatically after i restore the levels manually.

Thanks!

#2 2009-04-16 07:43:23

elliott

Re: Brightness of the screen automatically reduced

Do you use Gnome-Power-Manager? I believe this is the default configuration for that, it can be changed in the applet settings. If you don't have anything except the standard ACPI stuff that ships with Arch, then this is something in your hardware.

#3 2009-04-16 12:14:38

Xi0N
Website

Re: Brightness of the screen automatically reduced

elliott wrote:

Do you use Gnome-Power-Manager? I believe this is the default configuration for that, it can be changed in the applet settings. If you don't have anything except the standard ACPI stuff that ships with Arch, then this is something in your hardware.

Sorry about this dumb post... it was just that i didnt configure it properly from gnome-power-manager....
Sorry and thanks!

Board footer