You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-16 18:09:27

louimjac

libmysqlclient and/or ntfs-3g issue

Dear all,

one should never use the -force option with pacman, however I did. I couldn't update for several day because of a file conflict with libmysqlclient and another one appearing later on with ntfs-3g package, (several files being already present in the file system) so I forced the overwrite.
This was a mistake, now my system is freezing for about a minute each time I try to open anything, plus several other issues like I can't save files.

Does anyone have an idea of what I could do first to get an idea of what the problem is really (messed up configuration files?) and what I could do to solve that?

Thanks a lot!

#2 2009-04-29 18:06:10

louimjac

Re: libmysqlclient and/or ntfs-3g issue

Well,
It seems that this problem is of no interest for anybody, however as I still need help I keep posting...

Apparently the fact that my computer is freezing is due to tremendous harddrive access. I guess it's not good for the HD itself either, no mentioning the fact that I'm losing a minute every minute, which is kind of a lot. Is it a way for me to find what is causing this harddrive activity?
I know how to monitor the CPU use, but not the hard drive access.

I reinstalled manually both libmysqlclient and ntfs-3g, as well as the 63 packages including all the application that depend to them. It was of no use, except that the system seems to be a little bit less unstable. However I still have weird effects, like my wallpaper appearing as background of my application while I'm typing (this is in Kile or Dolphin for example, when I scroll)

Don't anyone have an idea of what I could do, even just to try to catch what's going on?

Board footer