You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-17 21:46:03

galiyosha

Why does the autodetect hook break resuming after suspend to RAM?

After I upgraded to stock kernel 2.6.28, resuming after suspending to RAM ceased to work. ThinkPad T30, everything worked okay up to 2.6.27.10. Turns out that with the fallback initramfs image, everything works fine again.

The hint to disable the autodetect hook is posted in wiki without any explanation. Why does the initramfs image affect the resuming capability? Modules loaded are the same when using any of the two images. Even after resume.

#2 2009-04-18 11:31:01

EVRAMP
Website

Re: Why does the autodetect hook break resuming after suspend to RAM?

Mkinitcpio makes your kernel image with needed hooks (e.g. you have sata disk, so you need to have sata modules directly in your kernel image).
Autodetect hook makes a detection of your hardware and chooses which exact modules put into kernel image - so from sata hook is put only what is needed only for your hdd type. When you change hardware, you will have to boot fallback kernel image and generate new default image (autodetect detects new hardware).
And autodetect is applied only for hooks after autodetect.
The issue you are describing is caused by either bad detection (autodetect forgets about some module to be built into kernel) or by some other bad bug.

Edit: For me also didn't work resuming from suspend. So i had to put sata hook before autodetect in mkinitcpio.
P.S: Zdravíme Slovensko.

Last edited by EVRAMP (2009-04-18 11:34:30)

Board footer