You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-18 13:55:00

Vladislav IV

Several problems with dvd::rip

Hi everyone.

I'm making backup from my video DVD's. I use vobcopy to make unencrypted iso's that I store on a HDD, and then use them with dvd::rip to make avi files that I can use on a simple multimedia box.

I have several different problems with dvd::rip, though.

1. After an update, I suppose, dvd::rip started to crash at the beginning of every project, saying "transcode : unknown option --use_rgb". I made a dirty patch to use the "-V rgb" option instead, but while it works on a single computer, in cluster mode the --use_rgb option is still passed to slave nodes. The slaves then crash, I can't use my cluster, and I can't figure out where the old option is defined in the sources.

2. I always rip my movies with two audio tracks : the translated one (I'm French), and the original English one. With some movies (_Interview with the Vampire_ and _Underworld_, for the moment), the first (fr) track is more and more delayed as the movie plays, while the second (en) is always synchronized with the video.

3. When I use AC3 audio, dvd::rip crashes when starting the 2nd pass, saying "Output: [avilib.c] AVI open: avilib - AVI file has no video data". This error doesn't occur if I use MP3, though.

Any help on one of these problems would be appreciated. I spent enough time on this alone...

Last edited by Vladislav IV (2009-04-18 17:28:08)

Board footer