You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 03:23:24

brando56894

odd problems

my kde4 install of arch was messing up (which i remembered was most likely because it was installed using chakra) so i decided to go back to 3.5 since im not that fond of kde 4 anyway. upon my first attempt of reinstalling arch i opted to do an ftp install but it couldnt configure my network adapters for some reason. the modules for the adapter are loaded since both eth0 and eth1 show up when i do an ifconfig, yet they just time out when i try to use dhcpcd.

instead of doing an ftp installed i decided to install from the cd and just update later, everything went well up until the bootloader, which i chose not to install since i had grub2 installed. when i rebooted it kept saying that it was trying to load an unknown partition. i attempted to fix it and reinstall grub but it wouldnt work, so i did a complete reinstall of arch. everything was fine until i rebooted into the arch base system, when it kept telling me that the the /lib/modules directory didnt exist. i thought it was kinda strange but didnt think anything of it, i installed kdemod3 and when i loaded it up i didnt have window borders.

i just want to do a clean ftp installation and hopefully be done with all these problems, but i cant get the network to work in the live cd even though it will work in a arch base install and in windows.

Board footer