You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 12:41:21

gsmani.vpm

[solved]other window managers + KDE plasma apps

Is there anyway to run kde plasma apps(not the whole plasma itself) with fluxbox? I have KDE 4 and fluxbox(*box,icewm) installed in my system. I usually work with KDE 4 whenever I dont require a frequent boot/logout(eg. when I am at work) and fluxbox when I know I am going to be doing a quick task. with KDE 3, I can access knetworkmanager, power manager as apps from fluxbox itself. I am wondering if I can do the same with kde4 plasma apps. Alternative for me is to use netcfg + conky + cal(terminal).

I am in full support of kde 4 vision and find it more than productive for actual tasks. But what I see dangerous is more and more "real apps" itself are getting ported to plasma eg: laptop batter monitor and network manager. The problem is that I think I will not be able to use all these plasma apps in fluxbox without starting the whole plasma? I sincerely hope I am wrong.. smile Appreciate any inputs on this.

Last edited by gsmani.vpm (2009-04-21 09:37:26)

#2 2009-04-19 15:04:33

Primoz

Re: [solved]other window managers + KDE plasma apps

Well you can get plasma desktop in Fluxbox. Just alt+F2 and write plasma and your desktop will appear.
But I have no idea how would you start a plasma app on it self.

I have no idea how to start only one plasmoid.

Arch x86_64 ATI AMD APU KDE frameworks 5
---------------------------------
Whatever I do, I always end up with something horribly mis-configured.

#3 2009-04-19 15:30:37

moljac024

I never used that crap anyway butI guess you can't start plasmoids without plasma...it just wouldn't make sense.

Last edited by moljac024 (2009-04-19 15:30:59)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2009-04-21 09:39:08

gsmani.vpm

Looks like I will not be able to  able to run plasmoids individually. Thanks for replies Primoz,moljac024 though I dont think its a crap.. smile

Board footer