You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 20:02:38

DarkLikeHell

Openbox - GDM Flickers, printer stopped working, xcompmgr bugs, %u?

Hello everyone,
I'm using openbox and I have few problems which were not existed until couple of day ago.
1. Somehow, when i try to login, GDM flickers and does not login in the first try. I can login only if i try to login few times.
2. xcompmgr is really buggy... I run it with: xcompmgr -cCfF -t-5 -l-6 -r6 -o.8 -D7 & on my autostart.sh, but it happens a lot that windows are starting to flicker after few hours the pc is on, and then i need to restart xcompmgr.
3. I accidently removed ~/.gconf and since then, my HP Deskjet 720C printer does not work.. I tried to reinstall all the packages related to the printing stuff, restarting cups, and re-adding the printer again, but it doesn't help...
Help please..
4. When i launch firefox or midori, insead of my homepage i get this: "www.%u.co.il". Why?
(and sorry for my poor english smile )
Thanks!

Last edited by DarkLikeHell (2009-04-20 05:03:25)

#2 2009-04-22 14:43:26

ssjlegendx
Website

Re: Openbox - GDM Flickers, printer stopped working, xcompmgr bugs, %u?

DarkLikeHell wrote:

2. xcompmgr is really buggy... I run it with: xcompmgr -cCfF -t-5 -l-6 -r6 -o.8 -D7 & on my autostart.sh, but it happens a lot that windows are starting to flicker after few hours the pc is on, and then i need to restart xcompmgr.

There are some issues using xcompmgr with the latest X.Org. On my machine, opening and closing Conky (which I have launch in its own window when I click the clock on PyPanel) causes PyPanel to be displayed incorrectly, and I've seen windows leave shadow-like "residue" on the screen (which could be removed by dragging another window over the affected area).

I don't know if there's a solution (at least until a newer version of xcompmgr or X.Org fixes the issue). Your issue could be different from the one I (and others) have experienced, but know that you're not the only one who has problems using xcompmgr. smile

Last edited by ssjlegendx (2009-04-22 14:46:47)

#!/vim/rocks

#3 2009-04-26 14:23:40

DarkLikeHell

Ok, Thanks smile

#4 2009-04-26 15:06:03

skottish
Forum Fellow

For number #3, it may be a coincidence. There are a few threads around about the new CUPS and configuration changes. Search the forums for "cups config" and most of the recent threads are related.

In the future please don't have one thread for four different subjects. It may help you, but it doesn't help others search the forums for their issues.

Board footer