You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-26 19:30:15

cdom

[Solved] keyboard has 2 second delay

Yesterday I started my computer, logged on through KDM and my keyboard apparently stopped working. After some experimenting I found that if I hold a key down for 2 seconds then it responds. Restarting and using fallback does not help. KDM always works fine but as soon as KDE starts up the keyboard breaks again. I have turned off key repeating and that is how I can write this message. I have a lenovo x61, I am running KDE 4.2.2 or whatever the latest update was. I have updated today, and also a few days ago. I don't connect this problem with an update. It seems to have happened randomly. I have been messing around with xorg.conf,  KDE was pretty choppy and I switched to the legacy driver, that seemed to fix it. That is all the background I can think of. Hopefully one of you very smart people will have a solution for me.

update: I set xorg.conf back to how it was. no help. short of reinstalling I have no idea how to solve this. does anyone have an idea about what could be going on?

Last edited by cdom (2009-04-28 02:02:14)

#2 2009-04-27 06:19:00

daneel971

Re: [Solved] keyboard has 2 second delay

It happened to me some time ago with KDE 3.5.x.
The problem was that I activated "sticky keys" pressing shift for more than a few seconds. Use the mouse, open the KDE Control Center and disable the option.

#3 2009-04-28 02:01:28

cdom

Re: [Solved] keyboard has 2 second delay

Thank you so much! It ended up being "slow keys" but as soon as I turned them off everything went back to normal. I was seriously contemplating a reinstall for a while. You just saved me 13 hours of work.

Board footer