You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-28 23:45:46

farkenell

virtualbox stopped working / network connection?

Hello all,

I finished installing virtualbox with no dramas last night and loaded windows on it. It was working all fine and dandy. but for some reason now its stopped working (this morning at work). When I load Virtualbox it just hangs with a window with nothing in it.

I tried deleting all the data inside ~/.Virtualbox. It opens two windows this time both hanging, the second window looks to be the registration confirmation.

I was wondering does vbox require a working internet connection to run? as at the moment it is setup as a standalone.

edit: weird it seems to run as root...

Last edited by farkenell (2009-04-28 23:47:00)

#2 2009-04-29 08:58:33

robmaloy

Re: virtualbox stopped working / network connection?

farkenell wrote:

Hello all,

I finished installing virtualbox with no dramas last night and loaded windows on it. It was working all fine and dandy. but for some reason now its stopped working (this morning at work). When I load Virtualbox it just hangs with a window with nothing in it.

I tried deleting all the data inside ~/.Virtualbox. It opens two windows this time both hanging, the second window looks to be the registration confirmation.

I was wondering does vbox require a working internet connection to run? as at the moment it is setup as a standalone.

edit: weird it seems to run as root...

this also happens to me

i just kill the window and retry until vbox loads properly (no need to be root)

☃ Snowman ☃

#3 2009-04-29 18:27:32

caligula9

I have this problem for like 2 weeks... sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. As I haven't find any similar report here (until now) I thought I have to live with it... Still, I don't know what's the solution.

#4 2009-04-29 20:53:35

mik01aj
Website

I had the same problem, but I managed to solve it by installing virtualbox_bin from AUR smile

Last edited by mik01aj (2009-04-29 20:53:52)

Board footer