You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-04 22:49:40

saciel

[solved] two cloned displays with old nvidia card

I have an old computer with and old nvidia card -- I don't know the actual model -- hooked up to my television to watch baseball on the internet and DVDs. The nvidia has a DVI output which is connected to the HDMI of the TV as well as a VGA output.

Today I tried to connect a small TFT to the VGA output. The intention is to be able to watch a normal programm on the TV while being able to follow a game on the small screen. However, I'd like to be able to sort of switch the baseball feed to the TV if something intresting is occuring. It would probably be the easiest way if the picture could be sent to the VGA and DVI output simultaneously, thus, switching to HDMI on TV would bring the picture there.

It 'automaticall' works for the console. When I turn the computer on and select the correct channel, I can see it booting on the TV as well as on the extra screen. I just cannot achive that on TV. I use the nvidia driver and tried setting TwinView to 'on' and choosing 'clone' in the xorg.conf but it says my card doesn't support TwinView. Do you think there is any chance to make X display on both outputs (they both support a common resolution)?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited by saciel (2009-05-05 02:30:00)

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

#2 2009-05-05 02:29:44

saciel

Re: [solved] two cloned displays with old nvidia card

Okay, I got it solved... I was just too fixated on getting it done manually in xorg.conf. There is however, a tool called 'nvidia-settings' which makes it easy to set things up and create an appropriate xorg.conf with it. So everything now works as I wanted it to.

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

Board footer