You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-06 23:59:55

JK3mp

New MX5500 Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Set.

Alright so i just got the new desktop set for my main rig. The MX5500 keyboard and mouse set from logitech. Always been a loyal fan of logitech and ALWAYS loved theere product. Though this is the first REAL buy for a rig since i've switched to linux. I pushed for the $160 rig, which i loved while at the store. Has a few features, like the (flip by button, or flip windows by side mouse button, AKA window vista features) That i know i will not get to work when im booted in linux, thats all fine, but a few as far as the media player and photo gallery keys i was wondering if there was a way to set them up to use Default media player set in linux and when booted in Windows the default in it, rather than just windows media player in vista and thus far nothing at all in linux. No BIG deal, just a good 6 keys i can't really take advantage of , regardless i still love the keyboard and mouse set with what it still can do and will enjoy the other features when booted in windows. But if there's a way anyone knows to do what i asked above it would be GREAT! Thanx -Peace   smile

#2 2009-05-07 00:10:46

Procyon

Re: New MX5500 Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Set.

Run xev, press the keys and look at the output. Once you know the keycodes you can do anything you want with the keys using xbindkeys and also bind it to other keys/X11 features with xmodmap.

Board footer