You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-10 07:36:18

schuay
Package Maintainer (PM)

Quick firefox question - change page viewing mode?

Hi,

I remember the buttons in Opera that would allow me to

a) change whether all, only loaded or no pictures were displayed, and
b) would toggle a pages display mode between original and easily readable black text with white background.

This was really useful for pages with bad, hard to read color choices like http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/78 … ease-Date) and http://orf.at/090509-38123/index.html . Is there anything similar for Firefox? I did a quick scan of google and available addons and couldn't find anything.

I'm aware of the addon that lets you change page styles (like making the Arch forum dark themed), but I don't want to make a custom style for every page I'd like to see in black and white.

Is there an addon/option I missed?

Thanks,
schuay

Last edited by schuay (2009-05-10 07:37:01)

#2 2009-05-10 09:55:40

berbae

Re: Quick firefox question - change page viewing mode?

I don't know an addon which does that, but there is an option to prevent the pages from choosing their own colors :
Edit/Preferences/Content/Fonts & Colors/Colors
and uncheck 'Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selection above'.
After reading the page with wrong color choices, you can check the option again for other sites.

#3 2009-05-10 10:14:35

kelean

You can change the page style for pages.
goto view>page style>no style.

#4 2009-05-10 16:19:40

schuay
Package Maintainer (PM)

berbae wrote:

I don't know an addon which does that, but there is an option to prevent the pages from choosing their own colors :
Edit/Preferences/Content/Fonts & Colors/Colors
and uncheck 'Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selection above'.
After reading the page with wrong color choices, you can check the option again for other sites.

This is a global setting and I'd have to go into a menu and check/uncheck an option for each page? I'd need something to switch on/off on demand.

You can change the page style for pages.
goto view>page style>no style.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for this (maybe using vimperator)? I've tried it and unfortionately it changes the page layout; and switching background/text colors without changing layout is more what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the advice though!

Board footer