You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-11 15:43:04

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

[Solved]Claws Mail & Gmail IMAP: sending multiple instances of a mail

I have this weird thing going on with Claws. I recently installed it (threw out Evolution, stripping the Gnome dependencies), and configured it to interface with Gmail's IMAP feature.

If I send a mail from within Claws, all looks normal (I just have one mail, which displays on one line). However, when I open the Gmail web interface, I see those mails sent from Claws in the conversations as multiple mails, of which only the last one has the full content of the mail that was actually sent:

tMW5zZg

Now I haven't got any complaints of my correspondents about this, so I can only hope this is something strange with the gmail/claws interfacing that makes it display strangely on the web (happens both in firefox and opera afaict), and does not affect the addressee.

I'm sure there are other claws-mail users out there with gmail configured too, I was wondering if they had noticed something similar?

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#2 2009-05-11 16:21:40

kensai
Website

Re: [Solved]Claws Mail & Gmail IMAP: sending multiple instances of a mail

Yeah, your recipient is receiving multiple emails, line by line, this is a glitch in claws mail, there is an option that makes it go away, since I am not using claws mail anymore I can't tell you, but to me it was obvious that the claws mail option I had to tweak was the one causing it, so my advice go through the options until you find something.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#3 2009-05-11 18:03:50

Forum Fellow
Website

Ok thanks, I'll see what I can find out smile.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#4 2009-05-13 21:40:02

fishonadish

Hi

I'm having the same issue, but couldn't find any obvious setting to resolve it.  Post back if you find it please.

Thanks.
Fishonadish

#5 2009-05-13 23:14:33

Vintendo
Website

Have you set Claws to record every email to [Gmail]/Sent Mail? Because if you sent it via the Gmail SMTP server it automatically ends up in Sent Mail

#6 2009-05-18 13:50:06

fishonadish

Hi,

For the reference of anyone else who encounters this issue, I suspect the option "Autosave message text to Drafts every 50 characters" was the culprit.

Fishonadish

#7 2009-05-18 14:13:22

Forum Fellow
Website

I'm sorry, I didn't see this thread getting bumped smile. Fishonadish, you're right. I disabled that setting too after consulting the claws IRC channel, and that seems to fix it. According to one of the developers Gmail's implementation of the IMAP draft mail stuff is a bit flakey...

Board footer