You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-11 17:18:07

donnal830

Two completely separate distict X sessions and Fluxbox

Hi all, forgive me if this has been beaten to death, I did search for several hours on this, and this is my first ever post on the Archlinux forums, but I've been using Arch for a little over a year now, and LOVE IT. smile
Back in the day, in the older version of Xorg, I had 2 separate X sessions, one for each external monitor on my Dell D610 laptop.  I had 2 desktops defined in Fluxbox as well.  I could NOT drag from one monitor to the other (which is the way I want it).  I was able to have 2 different backgrounds, one for each monitor.  I had 6 virtual desktops on display 0 (left monitor) and 4 virtual desktops on display 1 (right monitor).  I had/have one monitor plugged into the external VGA port and the other plugged into the external DVI port.

But since upgrading to the newer Xorg and Indel drivers, I have not been able to achieve this.  I have the dual monitorsetup, but it's a single session wich displays across 2 monitors (I can drag windows from one monitor to the other).  I have been using Xrandr to get the dual monitor setup (to get non mirrored).
My question is, is there any way I can get this configuration back, without going back to the older Xorg and Intel driver version?

I now have a Dell D630 with the internal Intel video card.

Thanks,

Don

Board footer