You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-12 00:55:19

shak

opera displays some webpages differently

Hi!!

I've installed opera-snapshot from aur and i want to use it as the default browser for kde .

I have noticed that opera displays some webpages with huge fonts and in general different than in firefox (some images might be in different place , big fonts etc )

Can it be fixed or is this just the way that opera displays some webpages?

Thanks for your help!

#2 2009-05-12 06:20:13

AngryKoala

Re: opera displays some webpages differently

Disclaimer:  I'm not saying this to say FF is better, because I use Opera too (just not installed right now).

In FF, if you goto the "Content" tab, then click on "Advanced" under Fonts & Colors, you have the option to allow pages to choose their own fonts, your use the ones you choose.  I would assume Opera has something like that too.  I think I remember it, but can't say exactly how.  GL!

#3 2009-05-24 01:07:28

heleos

Re: opera displays some webpages differently

If I remember correctly (and I may not, I could be completely off from this), opera has 100% compliance with web standards. Which means if it doesn't display correctly on opera, it's not part of the web-standard. Since you're using a snapshot of a development version of opera, that may not be the case. You should see if the problem still exists on those certain webpages with a stable version of opera

Last edited by heleos (2009-05-24 01:07:43)

Board footer