You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-12 03:15:17

chillu

ATI Xpress 1250 Catalyst 9.3 Driver installation problem

I have an ATI Xpress 1250 Radeon integrated graphics card on my laptop.
The v9.4 drivers from the AUR crash my X and hangs with no keyboard/mouse interaction.
The ATI driver website said the card required the 9.3 drivers which when installing gave this error:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/l … ng=English

[08:54][utils]$ sudo sh ati
ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run  atidriver/                               
[08:54][utils]$ sudo sh ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run
Created directory fglrx-install.wdkccU
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.593...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
==================================================
ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
==================================================
which: no XFree86 in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/home/chillu/bin/:/home/chillu/bin/)

Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.29-ARCH; make sure that the version is being
correctly set by --iscurrentdistro

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wdkccU

Help!

#2 2009-05-13 10:36:31

tealson

Re: ATI Xpress 1250 Catalyst 9.3 Driver installation problem

I'm not quite sure, but the ATI Xpress 1250 may have been dropped from the driver support list. AMD/ATI changed a few things there back one month or so.

Apart from this you should not try the driver from amd but test this one from aur:  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25105

#3 2009-05-13 13:09:00

eldragon

if the xpress 1250 has indeed been pushed to legacy, then you have no option but to use the open source drivers...

#4 2009-05-14 06:27:03

chillu

tealson wrote:

I'm not quite sure, but the ATI Xpress 1250 may have been dropped from the driver support list. AMD/ATI changed a few things there back one month or so.

Apart from this you should not try the driver from amd but test this one from aur:  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25105

Thank you!!
That was exactly what I wanted to know!

I was using the catalyst 9.4 drivers in the AUR and was searching for the legacy drivers from the AUR.
Thanks again! Will try and post the results.

#5 2009-05-14 11:53:14

chillu

Well.. I got into some problems:

I have to install catalyst 9.3 drivers from AUR
which require catalyst-utils-old from AUR
which require xorg-server<1.6.0
which I can't install because installing xorg-server 1.5.3
gets me into a weird loop: Installing xorg-server 1.5.3 conflicts
with xf86-input-evdev and also requires xf86-input-evdev..

Think I have to live life with the vesa drivers for some more time then

Board footer